As part of the Fall of Eden blog tour, I read its prequel, Heir to Power. Enjoy the review and come back later for the review of Fall of Eden.
As part of the tour, Michele is generously offering 3 AMAZING giveaways:
- The first winner will receive signed copies of the entire Healing Crystal trilogy.
- The second place winner will receive a signed copy of Fall of Eden as well as a $10 gift certificate.
- The third place winner will receive a signed copy of Fall of Eden.
To enter to win these prizes, simply fill out the Rafflecopter form provided. (Each tour stop will have the same Rafflecopter form).
- Open from September 8 to October 8.
- Must be 13+ years of age to enter
- US mailing addresses only
Earn entries by doing any/all of the following:
- Leaving a blog post comment
- Liking The Healing Crystal Trilogy on Facebook
- Tweeting about the giveaway (once per day)
- Writing a review of Fall of Eden
- Posting an interview, the book trailer, or a link to the tour.
About the Book
Author: Michele Poague
Release Date: December 2010
Series: Book #1 of The Healing Crystal trilogy
Received from author for review.
Heir to Power is an amazing book with a fascinating and complex story. It might seem weird, but it almost feels like a dystopian Cowboys vs. Aliens. And I loved it!
I am usually a little leery of reading "epic" fantasies. A lot of times authors spend so much time describing the elements of the fantasy world that they forget the characters. Luckily, Heir to Power does not have this problem. Even though the fantasy elements of this book are intriguing and well depicted, the main focus of it is the development of the characters and their relationships which makes the overall story feel much more realistic.
I loved watching the "coming-of-age" journeys of many of the characters, espcially Kairma. Even though she is an "heir to power", part of the Healing family, and a powerful force in the Survinee community, she is also just a regular girl, with regular thoughts, emotions, and desires. She was easy to relate to and admire as I read about her growing and developing in her talents, confidence, and compassion.
I also loved the development of the community of Survin and its dynamics. It was fascinating to see the people's views change and shift as they slowly discovered the outside world. And it presented a powerful view of the meshing of cultures, illustrated by the Survinee's trip to Piehrson's Landing.
Heir to Power is such an intricate, amazing story with complex characters and relationships. It is a great start to a very promising series. I'm halfway through Fall of Eden, the sequel, and it is every bit as good as the first one! Can't wait to read book #3!
The Healing Crystal Trilogy
by Michele Poague