Monday, August 9, 2010

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games: Book 1Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
Even though I read a TON, very rarely does a book capture my attention so much that I can't put it down. The Twilight Saga, Harry Potter, and The Lord of the Rings are some of the few that did. And now I have one more series to add - The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins.

When I first read the description of this book I was a little put off by the violent theme of it. And there is more violence in them than I am used to. However, I LOVED these books! I read the first and second ones, The Hunger Games and Catching Fire and I can't wait for the third one, Mockingjay to come out this month!! They have a "morbidly" interesting, post-apocalyptic theme and they are really well written. I think this more, than the storyline is what makes these books so irresistible. It is the same with my other favorite books. The story of the book would not catch my attention unless it is well written.

Anyway, I highly recommend these books!

0 comments:

Post a Comment