And check out my review of her latest novel, Smart Move.
About Melanie Jacobson
10 Things About Me
by Melanie Jacobson
Here we go.
- First, to my everlasting shame, I am completely useless at painting my own fingernails. This makes me feel like a failure as a grown up and somehow less of a woman. This is the same reason I avoid crafts.
- Second, I can burp the alphabet. I will never do it again as long as I live, but just know that this used to be something I was really, really good at, and that ability lives inside me.
- Third, I like the smell of skunk. There. I said it.
- Fourth, I'm a sucker for sports movies. And I will almost always do an ugly cry while watching one.
- Fifth, I cheat at Candyland with my kids. I take out all the special cards before Queen Frostine so the game doesn't last forever. One day they'll play this game with their own kids and realized they were deprived of a whole cast of sugary characters.
- Sixth, I don't listen to pop music. But whenever I do hear a song that makes me go, "Hey, this is actually pretty good," it's inevitably a boy band or Justin Bieber. And then I'm very angry with myself.
- Seventh, I get lost in IKEA every time I go. Not like metaphorically: Oh, I could shop in here for hours. No, I mean like I can't find my way out. I build a half hour of extra shopping time into my trips to account for this.
- Eighth, here are words I can't spell right the first time: lavendar, colesium, mischievious, and seperate. See?
- Ninth, I almost never share my treats with my kids. I don't even feel bad about it.
- Tenth, I spent many childhood hours obsessing over the fact that I didn't have a talent to do if I ever competed for Miss America. It really stressed me out.
And now that you understand what kind of deeply flawed individual crafted this new book, I hope you'll consider picking it up for a read, anyway.
About the Book
Title: Smart Move
Author: Melanie Jacobson
Release Date: October 2012
Publisher: Covenant Communications
Genre: LDS Romantic Comedy
Other Books by Melanie
Purchase the Book