Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Walnut Springs Press Month: Spotlight on Betsy Love

 
Spotlight on
Author Besty Love


"I am a writer. I’ve always had a passion it. But I’m more than that. I am is a daughter of Heavenly Father. I am a wife, a mother and grandmother. I was placed here on earth to do something wonderful and that is to do the best I can to return to Him.

Tucson, Arizona is my home town, but I’ve lived most of my life in the Mesa/Gilbert area. Eight children with strong wills and bright minds have blessed my life. Helping me to raise and guide them is my amazing husband. I cannot image my life without him. When I still had most of my children at home, I told him if he died he had to take some of them with him because I couldn’t raise them alone.

As an English teacher, I have found the joy and power in words. Through teaching about literature I have developed a great love for the English language. I spent 13 years in the high school classroom and loved most of it. I discovered gardening last year (on a very limited basis). We grew some tomatoes, bell peppers, egg plant and watermelon. Of those four our watermelon thrived and covered half of the front yard. This year I’ve attempted even more. Hopefully, it will be as successful. I love to sing, although not always on key, but I do love it.

You can find me buried in a book when I’m not writing or gardening. If you asked me what my favorite genre is, I’d have to say yes, except for horror and steamy romance. I’m not wild about a straight romance story as it is, I certainly don’t want to have to cover my eyes. Over all, I just love a good story!"

"I am a writer. As long as I can remember, I've loved the way words sound, look, feel. Words have power to build, power to destroy. With words I create my own realities. When you read my words, we take that journey together. Thanks for being my traveling companion."

Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Walnut Springs Press Books
by Betsy Love

Title: Identity
Author: Betsy Love
Release Date: July 2011
Publisher: Walnut Springs Press (Facebook | Twitter)
Genre: LDS Mystery/Suspense
While vacationing in Mexico, two similar-looking young women find themselves caught in a chain reaction of mistaken identities. Amelia is a wealthy heiress and business owner, and Savannah is a sweet Mormon girl deciding whether or not to serve a mission. When they end up on the same flight to Phoenix, Savannah and Amelia unravel the sequence of events that wreaked havoc on their trips, and they make plans to resolve the subsequent misunderstandings. But their flight is cut short when the plane crashes, killing one of the young women and plunging the other into a world of intrigue and deceit where identity means everything.

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Deseret Book

Title: Soulfire
Author: Betsy Love
Release Date: April 2012
Publisher: Walnut Springs Press (Facebook | Twitter)
Genre: LDS Historical Fiction
It is 148 BC, and the city of Nephi is ruled by the wicked King Noah and his corrupt priests. Zephenia's father has turned to his drink after the death of her mother, and her younger sister Sari dreams of living in the king's palace. When the family's hut is destroyed and the sisters are unjustly imprisoned, Zephenia wonders if God has forgotten her. If they survive their tribulations, whom will her father choose as her husband? The only unmarried believer she knows is Gideon, and he is smitten with Sari. Zephenia's thoughts keep drifting to Alma, the handsome high priest she met while gathering herbs in the jungle. She senses a goodness about him, yet because he is a priest in Noah's court, she knows he couldn't possibly be a righteous man. But when the prophet Abinadi is martyred and Zephenia must decide between her faith and her family, she learns of a mighty change that has happened in Alma's heart.

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Deseret Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment